Who we are
Creating a planet fueled by reliable, clean energy isn’t what keeps us up at night; it’s what gets us out of bed. At Opus One Solutions, our software platform GridOS® helps us pursue solutions that will change how countries access, optimize and distribute electrical energy. From microgrids that keep things running in the event of an outage, to helping electric utilities optimize their operations and allowing homeowners to feed energy into a power grid, we're powering a more sustainable future.
Opus One Solutions is looking for a highly motivated Smart Grid Project Manager to join our team to execute and deliver on our mission, from project conceptualization, requirements, contracting, product specifications, electrical and network architecture development, electrical engineering, IT network integration, financial reporting, testing and commissioning, evaluation and maintenance.
Who are you?
You are a driven, results-oriented, self-starter that understands utility challenges and opportunities on an everyday engineering, IT and operational level, and able to partner with customers to deliver
innovative grid modernization projects.
What will our new Project Manager work on?
- Project leadership. Work on the front line of delivery collaborating closely with internal teams at Opus One on a project or project portfolio with a multi-million dollar average project size. Provide a hands on approach to deliver on these multi-stakeholder, state-of-the-art and high visibility contracts. Apply an intensive and diversified knowledge of project management principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, makes decisions independently on project management problems and methods; and represents the organization in meetings to resolve important questions. Leads a project team to complete project.
- Stakeholder Management Effectively manage a complex mix of utilities, technology providers, academics, and government in a professional manner. Successfully interface between customer facing projects, business development, finance, legal and R&D while managing project cost, scope and schedule.
- Customer-centric project delivery. Represent the face of the company. Perform in a professional and courteous manner dealing with customer opportunities and challenges at all levels while understanding “utility speak”.
- Communicate complex project concepts and deliverables into actions in a way that people can understand.
- Implement process driven project delivery that focuses on the details as well as the bigger picture of highly visible, innovative and disruptive projects.
Here’s what you bring:
The education. Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. PMP or P. Eng required.
The Experience. Minimum 5+ years’ hands-on experience with enterprise level Utility IT systems integration projects using ADMS, DERMS, SCADA, or GIS.
Customer/Client Orientation. You strive to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service by anticipating their needs and quickly following up on customer/client contacts and queries.
Commercial Acumen. You have deep understanding of situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment.
Planning & Objective Setting. You produce project and project implementation plans that are systematic; in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified.
Strategic Approach. You are able to develop a strategic plan to realize the project vision; revise strategy in light of changing circumstances; take a long-term view of project success;
Initiative. You are proactive in seizing opportunities and eager to act upon them immediately. You are serious in taking responsibility for your own actions and love to address problems before asked.
Nice to have. An understanding of energy policy utility regulatory environments.
Why join Opus One Solutions?
Opus One is growing! After spending first four years under the radar focused on research and pilot projects we’re ready to shine as one of Canada’s top 10 game-changers named by CIX Cleantech, Fast Company’s 2017 World Changing Idea in Energy and one of top 100 2018 Global Cleantech companies! We are deploying exciting microgrid projects in North America and have partnerships with leading energy players such as National Grid and Hawaiian Electric.
Our leadership has assembled carefully selected teams with some of the best strategic visionaries - and executors - in technology and the clean energy space. We are all driven by one common goal: to accelerate the integration of clean and sustainable energy in North America and the world.
At Opus One Solutions we understand that not everyone develops their talent and hones their skills in a traditional way. Different paths and experiences are part of the diversity we know we need to succeed. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.
Opus One Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.