Marketing & Communications Coordinator (9 months contract)
Who we are
Creating a planet fueled by reliable, clean energy isn’t what keeps us up at night; it’s what gets us out of bed. At Opus One Solutions, our software platform GridOS® helps us pursue solutions that will change how countries access, optimize and distribute electrical energy. From microgrids that keep things running in the event of an outage, to helping electric utilities optimize their operations and allowing homeowners to feed energy into a power grid, we're powering a more sustainable future.
Opus One Solutions is looking for a highly motivated Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join our team for 9 months, with a potential opportunity to become permanent. Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator will play an important role in keeping our website and social media channels updated with new content, coordinating tradeshow participation, ensuring adherence to brand guidelines, and supporting internal communications. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will also provide creative input into integrated marketing & communications campaigns and help develop quarterly reports to track success.
- Assist in the development and execution of a social media strategy
- Update or publish new content on the website and make recommendations for potential Google Ads to support lead generation and/or implement measures to increase SEO
- Assist in creating infographics, blog and email content
- Help manage our event calendar and assist in booking exhibitor spaces, registering delegates, and submitting ads, advertorials, and speaking proposals on time
- Review news releases and distribute to associations, channel partners and trade media. Identify other appropriate channels for distribution
- Review presentations and other external-facing collateral to ensure they adhere to brand guidelines
- Monitor form entries on the corporate website and update email opt-in list
- Help the Marketing & Communications Manager launch a corporate video
- Support the development of the monthly internal newsletter
- Track website, social media, and event activity and performance to help develop quarterly marketing reports
Here’s what you bring:
- An undergraduate degree or post-graduate certificate in a marketing and/or communications related field
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of social media marketing best practices and experience using LinkedIn, Twitter, and Hootsuite
- A wizard with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, and Piktochart
- Familiar with content management systems, such as Wordpress and SharePoint
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics to analyze web trends
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-oriented
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn about our industry and from our team
- Ability and willingness to interface with all levels and departments within the company
- Very organized, with the ability to meet tight deadlines, deal with multiple requests, and when in doubt, ask questions
- Creative and flexible in work efforts
- Determined to see a job through and improvise as necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable speaking in project meetings
- Ability to maintain job performance and a positive attitude in a growing and changing organization
- Fluent in English
Opus One is on a mission to create intelligent, connected and sustainable energy ecosystems, towards a vision of a digitalized, decentralized and decarbonized planet. Our relentlessness and drive towards this is recognized by Red Herring 100, CleanTech Group’s Global Cleantech Top 100, Fast Company, and many more.
Our leadership has assembled carefully selected teams with some of the best strategic visionaries - and executors - in technology and the clean energy space. We are all driven by one common goal: to accelerate the integration of clean and sustainable energy in North America and the world.
At Opus One Solutions we understand that not everyone develops their talent and hones their skills in a traditional way. Different paths and experiences are part of the diversity we know we need to succeed. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.
Opus One Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.