Software Developer - Power Systems
Who we are
Creating a planet fueled by reliable, clean energy isn’t what keeps us up at night; it’s what gets us out of bed. At Opus One Solutions, our software platform GridOS® helps us pursue solutions that will change how countries access, optimize and distribute electrical energy. From microgrids that keep things running in the event of an outage, to helping electric utilities optimize their operations and allowing homeowners to feed energy into a power grid, we're powering a more sustainable future.
Opus One Solutions is looking for a Software Developer, Power Systems. Working on complex optimization problems, you’ll use your mathematical skills and software development knowledge to help build a complex, web-based product in the clean energy space.
Who are you?
An applied mathematician, you enjoy translating mathematic principals into real-world solutions. Interested in technology and software-development, you’re looking for a role that combines the challenges of non-linear optimization problems with the opportunity to grow in a web-based software development environment.
What will our new Software Developer, Power Systems work on?
- Use applied mathematics to solve challenging real-world problems in Python and algebraic modelling languages like AIMMS, AMPL, GAMS
- Evaluate emerging technologies and open source libraries to provide recommendations.
- Support testing processes, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Work with other developers with a diverse skill set and technology expertise to provide scalable solutions.
- Work in an Agile/SCRUM team setting including cross-functional structures and varying levels of management.
Here’s what you bring:
- The education. You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Applied Math or Computer Science.
- The experience. You have previous experience developing software using applied mathematics principals.
- The knowledge. Experience using Newton-Raphson or Gauss-Seidel methods to solve large, numerical problems. You’ve solved non-linear or mixed-integer non-linear optimization problems and are looking to put your knowledge to work in a new industry.
- The technical know-how. You have experience working in modelling languages. You’re familiar with basic programming principles in Python or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Nice to have: experience working in powerflow optimization.
Why join Opus One Solutions?
Opus One is growing! After spending first four years under the radar focused on research and pilot projects we’re ready to shine as one of Canada’s top 10 game-changers named by CIX Cleantech, Fast Company’s 2017 World Changing Idea in Energy and one of top 100 2018 Global Cleantech companies! We are deploying exciting microgrid projects in North America and have partnerships with leading energy players such as National Grid and Hawaiian Electric.
Our leadership has assembled carefully selected teams with some of the best strategic visionaries - and executors - in technology and the clean energy space. We are all driven by one common goal: to accelerate the integration of clean and sustainable energy in North America and the world.
At Opus One Solutions we understand that not everyone develops their talent and hones their skills in a traditional way. Different paths and experiences are part of the diversity we know we need to succeed. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.
Opus One Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.