Junior Software Developer
Who we are
Creating a planet fueled by reliable, clean energy isn’t what keeps us up at night; it’s what gets us out of bed. At Opus One Solutions, our software platform GridOS® helps us pursue solutions that will change how countries access, optimize and distribute electrical energy. From microgrids that keep things running in the event of an outage, to helping electric utilities optimize their operations and allowing homeowners to feed energy into a power grid, we're powering a more sustainable future.
Our tech stack
Our tech stack is deep because we interact with real things in the real world where the outcome matters. Our systems collect, analyze and interact with other systems in real-time. Our DevOps team uses:
- Python to build the backend of GridOS.
- Selenium to test our web application.
- Docker for containerization and deployment.
- Gitlab for repository management.
- Jenkins to schedule and build automation.
- Ansible to deploy environment configurations.
- Terraform to provision new environments.
Opus One Solutions is looking for a Jr. Software Developer. Working with the R&D team, you’ll become the subject matter expert on utility network models, and grow your skills along experienced developers.
Who are you?
A recent grad from an electrical engineering or computer science program, you’re looking to gain hands on experience on technology that matters. You’ve gained some experience through co-ops or short-term jobs, but now you’re looking to take your software development career to the next level.
What will our new Jr. Software Developer Work On work on?
- You’ll engage with clients utilities to troubleshoot and test their network models
- Working with developers to implement solutions for automated validation and fixing of distribution network models, you’ll learn the ins and outs of the industry
- Developing power system data conversion tools
- Support testing of our flagship product, GridOS
Here’s what you bring:
- The education. You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- The knowledge. You have a strong understanding of time-series three-phase unbalanced power-flow and optimal power-flow
- The technical skills. You’re familiar with basic programming principles in Python or other object-oriented programming languages
- Nice to have: You have experience with power systems tools like CYME, Synergi, GridLAB-D, and OpenDSS
Why join Opus One Solutions?
Opus One is growing! After spending first four years under the radar focused on research and pilot projects we’re ready to shine as one of Canada’s top 10 game-changers named by CIX Cleantech, Fast Company’s 2017 World Changing Idea in Energy and one of top 100 2018 Global Cleantech companies! We are deploying exciting microgrid projects in North America and have partnerships with leading energy players such as National Grid.
Our leadership has assembled carefully selected teams with some of the best strategic visionaries - and executors - in technology and the clean energy space. We are all driven by one common goal: to accelerate the integration of clean and sustainable energy in North America and the world.
At Opus One Solutions we understand that not everyone develops their talent and hones their skills in a traditional way. Different paths and experiences are part of the diversity we know we need to succeed. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.
Opus One Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.