Software Developer - DERMS
Who we are
Creating a planet fueled by reliable, clean energy isn’t what keeps us up at night; it’s what gets us out of bed. At Opus One Solutions, our software platform GridOS® helps us pursue solutions that will change how countries access, optimize and distribute electrical energy. From microgrids that keep things running in the event of an outage, to helping electric utilities optimize their operations and allowing homeowners to feed energy into a power grid, we're powering a more sustainable future.
Our tech stack
Our tech stack is deep because we interact with real things in the real world where the outcome matters. Our systems collect, analyze and interact with other systems in real-time. Our team uses:
- Python to build the backend of GridOS.
- Docker for containerization and deployment.
- Gitlab for repository management.
- Ansible to deploy environment configurations.
- Terraform to provision new environments.
We’re looking for a Software Developer to lead the design and development for our Distributed Energy Resource Management (DERMS) solution. Working with other Development and Product leaders, you’ll contribute to the product roadmap, shaping and prioritizing work.
Who are you?
You are a strong backend developer and you enjoy working autonomously to solve complex problems. You have experience leading the design and development of highly available/mission-critical software systems. You’re familiar with software security and deployment workflows. You have experience with software that gets deployed on the cloud and maybe even on-premises within a customer’s data center.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to think creatively and be innovative. Someone ready to step out of their comfort zone. Someone eager to build a robust, resilient and highly-available product. You are excited to work on a product with %99.999 up time. This is a chance to be at the forefront of new technology.
What will our new Software Developer - SCADA work on?
- Design and implement high quality, robust, and reusable software using multiple languages and technologies conforming to industry best practices.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and open source libraries to provide recommendations.
- Support testing processes, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Participate in architectural design sessions and product discussions.
- Work closely with other developers with a diverse skill set and technology expertise to provide scalable solutions.
- Work in an Agile/SCRUM team setting including cross-functional structures and varying levels of management.
Here’s what you bring:
- The education. You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- The experience. You have 3+ years developing with multiple high-level programming languages. Experience in the design and development of operational support system or other mission critical software systems
- Focus on the big picture and the details. Robustness and reliability is your motto.
- Nice to have: an understanding of electrical engineering fundamental, working knowledge of integrating software systems with SCADA system
- Nice to have: experience with communications protocols such as TCP/IP Suite, PRP/HSR, PTP/IRIG-B and SCADA communication protocols especially IEC 61850, DNP3 and Modbus is a definite asset
Why join Opus One Solutions?
Opus One is on a mission to create intelligent, connected and sustainable energy ecosystems, towards a vision of a digitalized, decentralized and decarbonized planet. Our relentlessness and drive towards this is recognized by Red Herring 100, CleanTech Group’s Global Cleantech Top 100, Fast Company, and many more.
Our leadership has assembled carefully selected teams with some of the best strategic visionaries - and executors - in technology and the clean energy space. We are all driven by one common goal: to accelerate the integration of clean and sustainable energy in North America and the world.
At Opus One Solutions we understand that not everyone develops their talent and hones their skills in a traditional way. Different paths and experiences are part of the diversity we know we need to succeed. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.
Opus One Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.