Who we are
Creating a planet fueled by reliable, clean energy isn’t what keeps us up at night; it’s what gets us out of bed. At Opus One Solutions, our software platform GridOS® helps us pursue solutions that will change how countries access, optimize and distribute electrical energy. From microgrids that keep things running in the event of an outage, to helping electric utilities optimize their operations and allowing homeowners to feed energy into a power grid, we're powering a more sustainable future.
Opus One Solutions is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager to join our team. The Opus One Project Manager is a client facing leader who has experience leading client-facing projects and implementations within a software company. If you are results oriented, driven, passionate about leading software projects, and excellent at cross functional leadership - read on!
What will our new Project Manager work on?
- Managing the initiation, planning, execution and delivery of approved and prioritized initiatives to ensure that the business objectives and stakeholder needs and expectations are met
- Constructing deliverables aligned to the company Project Management Framework and PMO, at all stages of engagement
- Using Opus One Project Management tools and the Project Management Framework, working with project team members to create and maintain a detailed project plan
- Producing high quality deliverables for all stages of project planning and execution – including project documentation and reporting
- Ensuring time sheets and expense records are correct and accurate
- Coordinating the gathering and confirmation of project work streams; determining deliverables, budgets, timeline and review process; and, conducting regular project meetings
- Detailing and assigning work package plans in coordination with the PMO Lead
- Managing project teams of internal and external resources including vendors and customers. Providing feedback and coaching to project and program team members
- Meeting regularly with cross functional teams, attending ceremonies (stand-ups) to follow up on tasks and deliverables
- Managing issues, risks, and escalations in a proactive manner, engaging relevant stakeholders and team supports as required
- Managing project scope definition, estimations, contracting, and fulfillment – including the change request process
- Ensuring that all necessary risk assessments and risk assessment processes are carried out at the appropriate time (Architecture, Governance, Security Threat Risk Assessment, and Operational review and compliance)
- Managing customer expectations, identifying Customer success criteria
- Building strong relationships with key internal department leads including resource managers, product development and account management
- Effectively managing a complex mix of utilities, technology providers, academics, and government in a professional manner. Successfully interface between customer facing projects, business development, finance, legal and R&D while managing project cost, scope and schedule.
What you bring to the table:
- A university or college degree or relevant experience
- A minimum of five years of Project Management experience with recent expertise within technology or energy industries
- Extensive experience with every stage of project execution, from pre-sales proposals to contracting, Agile and Waterfall methodologies, implementation, warranty, and support
- Experience in direct customer contact, including building and delivering presentations
- Experience leading project estimation working groups composed of cross-functional teams
- Experience with tools for analysis, management, project scheduling, and time tracking
- A proactive, energetic attitude and excellent interpersonal skills,
- A proven track record of relationship management and dealing effectively with senior management internally and externally.
Why join Opus One Solutions?
Opus One is growing! After spending first four years under the radar focused on research and pilot projects, we’re ready to shine as one of Canada’s top 10 game-changers named by CIX Cleantech, Fast Company’s 2017 World Changing Idea in Energy and one of top 100 2018 Global Cleantech companies! We are deploying exciting microgrid projects in North America and have partnerships with leading energy players such as National Grid and Hawaiian Electric.
Our leadership has assembled carefully selected teams with some of the best strategic visionaries - and executors - in technology and the clean energy space. We are all driven by one common goal: to accelerate the integration of clean and sustainable energy in North America and the world.
At Opus One Solutions we understand that not everyone develops their talent and hones their skills in a traditional way. Different paths and experiences are part of the diversity we know we need to succeed. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.
Opus One Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.