People and Culture Generalist
Who we are
Creating a planet fueled by reliable, clean energy isn’t what keeps us up at night; it’s what gets us out of bed. At Opus One Solutions, our software platform GridOS® helps us pursue solutions that will change how countries access, optimize and distribute electrical energy. From microgrids that keep things running in the event of an outage, to helping electric utilities optimize their operations and allowing homeowners to feed energy into a power grid, we're powering a more sustainable future.
We are looking for an innovative collaborator to join our People and Culture Team. Not as a support function, but as a true partner to the business. Our new People and Culture Generalist will help the Opus Oners with their day to day questions; collaborate with hiring managers to bring best talent to the team and lead lots of other projects building some of them from scratch. This is an opportunity for someone with "people first" mindset and eagerness to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Who are you?
You are a high-energy, professional and an excellent communicator. You are a tech-savvy person who loves to learn about innovative technologies and new industries and excited to be part of a company that leads in its field in the Clean Energy space. You have a great passion for developing programs that make people happier at work. Most importantly: you are fun to work with, you want to collaborate with a strong team and grow along with your peers.
What will our new People & Culture Generalistwork on?
- Participate in the full cycle recruitment process from sourcing, screening, coordinating onsite interviews, managing the offer process and conducting reference checks
- Lead and develop our on-boarding experience for new employees for all departments
- Provide stellar service to employees with questions including benefits, time off requests, policies, records/practices and provide timely resolution of employee issues
- Build and implement programs and policies to support performance management, compensation, and culture initiatives
- Help maintain a positive employee relations climate by proactively guiding managers and responding to inquiries from staff members
- Lead and participate in developing projects related to Talent Acquisition, Career Development, Leadership Development, Diversity and other people-focused initiatives
- Own internal communications to provide greater transparency on all levels.
- Attend networking events and bring awareness about Opus One to the GTA tech community.
Here’s what you bring:
- 3+ years in an HR Generalist or Talent Acquisition role with a wide range of functional experience.
- "Problem-solving capabilities with an ability to apply judgment and make decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - must be an articulate and persuasive communicator.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters in a professional and confidential way
- Experience building relationships at all levels of the organization
- Must have a customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Knowledge of Canadian Labor laws: policies, procedures, compliance and practices related to Workplace Health and Safety, Employment Standards Act, etc.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of US labor laws
Opus One is on a mission to create intelligent, connected and sustainable energy ecosystems, towards a vision of a digitalized, decentralized and decarbonized planet. Our relentlessness and drive towards this is recognized by Red Herring 100, CleanTech Group’s Global Cleantech Top 100, Fast Company, and many more.
Our leadership has assembled carefully selected teams with some of the best strategic visionaries - and executors - in technology and the clean energy space. We are all driven by one common goal: to accelerate the integration of clean and sustainable energy in North America and the world.
At Opus One Solutions we understand that not everyone develops their talent and hones their skills in a traditional way. Different paths and experiences are part of the diversity we know we need to succeed. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.
Opus One Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.