Who we are
Creating a planet fueled by reliable, clean energy isn’t what keeps us up at night; it’s what gets us out of bed. At Opus One Solutions, our software platform GridOS® helps us pursue solutions that will change how countries access, optimize and distribute electrical energy. From microgrids that keep things running in the event of an outage, to helping electric utilities optimize their operations and allowing homeowners to feed energy into a power grid, we're powering a more sustainable future.
Opus One Solutions is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Software Delivery Manager to join our team. Our professional services manager is a leadership role where you’ll level up our project management team providing mentorship and guidance while developing our professional services infrastructure and process. Building out our Professional Services team, you’ll work with and develop a talented team of project managers delivering projects to utility clients around the world.
What will our new Project Manager work on?
- Lead a Project Management team with wide portfolios and manage their goals, processes and KPIs with a focus on delivering efficiently while achieving customer success and productivity
- Develop a culture of learning, curiosity and proactivity to ensure your team's capabilities keep pace with the speed of the business and needs of our customers
- Build-out the Professional Services function balancing customer success and delivery with a sustainable cost structure
- Evangelize best practices throughout the organization, by partnering with cross functional teams and team leaders, onboarding cross-functional teams to the Opus One PM governance model
- Track and identify metrics, risks, trends and issues to identify and prioritize areas of project delivery improvement, and services revenue opportunities
- Implement governance structures to facilitate the efficiency, productivity, and scalability of the Project Management team
What you bring to the table:
- A university or college degree in computer science or finance or relevant experience
- A minimum of 10 years of Project Management experience in technology or energy, with experience managing a professional services organization.
- Extensive experience with every stage of project execution, from pre-sales proposals to contracting, Agile and Waterfall methodologies, implementation, warranty, and support
- Experience successfully scaling and managing a services organization, with enterprise-level customers
- Experience developing processes to manage complex implementation projects
- Experience leading project estimation working groups composed of cross-functional teams
- Experience with tools for analysis, management, project scheduling, and time tracking
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- A proven track record of relationship management and dealing effectively with senior management internally and externally
Why join Opus One Solutions?
Opus One is growing! After spending first four years under the radar focused on research and pilot projects, we’re ready to shine as one of Canada’s top 10 game-changers named by CIX Cleantech, Fast Company’s 2017 World Changing Idea in Energy and one of top 100 2018 Global Cleantech companies! We are deploying exciting microgrid projects in North America and have partnerships with leading energy players such as National Grid and Hawaiian Electric.
Our leadership has assembled carefully selected teams with some of the best strategic visionaries - and executors - in technology and the clean energy space. We are all driven by one common goal: to accelerate the integration of clean and sustainable energy in North America and the world.
At Opus One Solutions we understand that not everyone develops their talent and hones their skills in a traditional way. Different paths and experiences are part of the diversity we know we need to succeed. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.
Opus One Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.