Who we are
Creating a planet fueled by reliable, clean energy isn’t what keeps us up at night; it’s what gets us out of bed. At Opus One Solutions, our software platform GridOS® helps us pursue solutions that will change how countries access, optimize and distribute electrical energy. From microgrids that keep things running in the event of an outage, to helping electric utilities optimize their operations and allowing homeowners to feed energy into a power grid, we're powering a more sustainable future.
Our tech stack
Our tech stack is deep because we interact with real things in the real world where the outcome matters. Our systems collect, analyze and interact with other systems in real-time. Our DevOps team uses:
- Python to build the backend of GridOS.
- Selenium to test our web application.
- Docker for containerization and deployment.
- Gitlab for repository management.
- Jenkins to schedule and build automation.
- Ansible to deploy environment configurations.
- Terraform to provision new environments.
Opus One Solutions is looking for a DevOps Engineer to support our growth. Reporting to our DevOps Lead, Hasan Kamal-Al-Deen, the new DevOps Engineer will learn our technologies quickly and apply their existing knowledge to help us develop, test and launch new solutions as we scale and grow. We need someone who doesn’t put out the fires but puts in place all of the code, infrastructure and support to stop the spark from igniting in the first place.
Who are you?
You might be working in DevOps or as an Application Developer. You approach building software and tools as you would Lego. You are most innovative after you have developed a thorough understanding of how an application works. You love to develop systems that let you manage a large number of deployments and you have scaled a product to a large number of customers. You understand how to keep concurrent deployments running while tracking each one’s needs. You want to stay in a hands-on technical role applying - and growing - your skills. You are looking for a company with a purpose, one that is in an exciting growth phase.
What will our new DevOps Engineer work on?
- Deployment and maintenance. Make decisions in deployment and maintenance methodologies.
- Infrastructure. Build and manage the administration of the infrastructure.
- Big picture improvements. Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations.
- Operational features. Work with Development Architects and leaders to implement operational features and tools.
- Collaboration. Grow alongside other DevOps engineers, reviewing code and planning future work.
Here’s what you bring:
- The education. You have a degree or diploma in Computer Sciences, IT or related field.
- The experience. You have at least 2 years experience deploying complicated systems in a Linux Server environment. Debian and RedHat experience an asset. You have intermediate programming experience in Python.
- The passion. You are equally passionate about cleantech as you are about quality and continuous improvement.
- The vision. You can focus on the big picture and the details. Robust, reliable and scalable is your motto.
- The basics. You have exceptional communication, judgment and prioritizing skills.
- The energy. You thrive in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- The skills. You are detail oriented and you possess excellent analytical skills. You have the ability to provide quick solutions to complex problems.
Opus One is on a mission to create intelligent, connected and sustainable energy ecosystems, towards a vision of a digitalized, decentralized and decarbonized planet. Our relentlessness and drive towards this is recognized by Red Herring 100, CleanTech Group’s Global Cleantech Top 100, Fast Company, and many more.
Our leadership has assembled carefully selected teams with some of the best strategic visionaries - and executors - in technology and the clean energy space. We are all driven by one common goal: to accelerate the integration of clean and sustainable energy in North America and the world.
At Opus One Solutions we understand that not everyone develops their talent and hones their skills in a traditional way. Different paths and experiences are part of the diversity we know we need to succeed. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking, take a chance and express your interest here.
Opus One Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.